All New 2018 Hyundai Verna is the latest model of the Korean car manufacturer, Hyundai. The firm has launched updated 2017 Verna in the Indian automobile industry. The firm has made a plan hit the upcoming festival season, that’s why; the car has been launched just before festival season with a big surprise package of excellent features and dynamic performance.
The car has four variants including E, EX, SX and SX(O) in diesel and petrol. The vehicle has been priced between Rs 7.99 Lakhs to Rs 12.61 Lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). In this price range, the Verna competes against the Honda City and Maruti Ciaz.
Did You read: Maruti Suzuki Baleno 2018 : A Complete Review
If you are making a plan to buy this sedan then don’t waste your time as company announced that first 20,000 customers will buy the car at an aforementioned price. But after that, price will be increased by the firm.
2018 Hyundai Verna’s Powerful and Refined Engine makes it a better car. And its attractive price point brings it closer to the market leader Honda City. Let’s know what’s special in this car.
Hyundai Verna Interesting Facts
- This car is known in India as Hyundai varna, but it is also known with different names in the global market. For example, it is called Hyundai Solaris in Russia, in USA, North America and China it is called Accent.
- In the Hyundai varna, the same platform has been used in the company’s Hyundai Elantra. Due to this, the weight of the car is also less.
- We all know that Honda City had ever used to capture the sedan market. However, there was not much difference even though Hyundai Varna’s arrival. But when Varna lowered the diesel variant, a large number of customers were attracted to it. At that time, Honda City only used to come in petrol variant, due to which he had to face the test.
- Since the launch of Hyundai varna in November 2006, this car has been good in terms of sales. In terms of sales figure, Hyundai is either the top car of the segment or came second. Altogether, Hyundai varna has 31.8 million units in India and 88 lakh units worldwide.
2018 Hyudai Verna Design
All new 2018 Hyundai Verna is designed on the all-new K2 platform that offers decent look to the car. The 2018 Verna is loaded with all-new design features and a lot richer interior. Well, the car looks as its old version. But it looks more aggressive than its old model as the new model borrows the Hyundai’s evolved Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design philosophy. Do you know, major of the design and styling elements of the car have been borrowed from the new Elantra that make it able to compete against the Honda City and Maruti Ciaz.
The new car looks longer and wider compare to its old model as it measures 4,440mm in length and 1,729mm. The wheelbase of the sedan has also been increased by 30mm that makes it more spacious for occupants. Its height stands at 1,475mm. You can put your language comfortably as the new Verna also offers 16L more luggage area.
Hyundai Verna Technical Specification
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno has made its availability in the Indian automobile market with two motor options, single transmission and two fuel options. All new Hyundai Verna is powered by the the 1.6-litre VTVT petrol and 1.6-litre CRDi diesel. The new 1.6 petrol produces 121 bhp of power and 130 Nm of peak torque, while the 1.6 diesel is capable to make 126 bhp and peak torque of 245 Nm. There are two transmission options including the 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
Hyundai Verna Exteriors
The new Verna sedan is ruling sedan segment in India as it is featured with stunning graphics and excellent elements.
Front side, the car is featured with a large cascade grille with horizontal slats and chrome accents. The car offers an aggressive look as it is equipped with revised front bumper with air intakes and wraparound projector headlamps with black accents and LED daytime running lights. The fog lamps are fitted in chrome housing.
When you see 2017 Hyundai Verna by side angle, it gives a decent look as the car has been uplift with blacked-out C-pillar, a sloping roofline and chrome door handles. All variants run on the diamond cut 16-inch alloys, while the EX AT gets 15-inch alloy wheels. The entry-level E and EX (MT) trims are available with 15-inch steel wheels.
On the back side, the cars looks stunning as it is borrowed a LED taillamps from the Elantra. The car is also loaded with new features such as LED turn indicators, a larger boot lid and a new integrated roof spoiler.
Other features are below mentioned:
- Adjustable headlights with front fog lights
- Electrically folding rear view mirror
- Allow wheels and power antenna
- Chrome grille and chrome garnish
- Smoke headlamps with rear window defogger
Hyundai Verna Interiors
The 2017Hyundai Verna is excellent machine that is loaded dynamic features including segment-first cooled seats, rear AC vents, cruise control and an electric sunroof are also offered only on the range-topping trim. When you go a long drive, you can make fun in the car by playing your favorite music or video by a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android, iOS smartphone and MirrorLink connectivity is reserved for the high-end model.
- Air conditioner and heater
- Electronic Multi-tipmeter
- Leather wrapped steering wheel with digital clock
- Height adjustable driving seat
- Adjustable steering column and tachometer
Hyundai Verna 7.0 inch Touch Screen Infotainment System
Hyundai Verna looks like Hyundai Elantra from the front side angle. High-strand steel has been used to make this car, which makes it lighter and stronger. Hyundai has a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system in Verna with the smartphone integration option.
Hyundai Verna Power and Mileage
The car is available in both petrol and diesel versions. The new 2018 Hyundai Verna offers better mileage compared to the old version. The patrol car delivers fuel efficiency of 17.70kmp. On the other side, the diesel manual delivers 24.75kmpl mileage. Here are all the details with specifications of all of them:
- 6 Litre U2 VGT Diesel Engine
- 2bhp@4000rpm and 260nm@1500-3000rpm
- 6 Litre VTVT Petrol Engine
Hyundai Verna Safety
The All new Hyundai Verna is developed with the excellent security features that meet customer’s requirements. The firm observes that customers are getting aware about the security features. Seeing this awareness the company has put all the possible security features in this new Verna. It comes with various safety features such as ABS with EBD and dual front airbags are standard across the carline. The firm also offers six airbags and rear view camera only in top model. Other key features include central locking, impact and speed sensing auto door unlock, immobilizer, ISOFIX child seat anchors, parking assist and more.
- Anti-lock Braking System and Central Locking
- Power door locks with child safety locks
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Side front and rear airbag
- Side impact beams
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Honda City give tough competition
Hyundai Verna, which was launched in the market with all the changes, is expected, it will hit the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Honda City. The starting price of this car has been kept at Rs. 7.99 lakhs. While the price of the top variant is 12.1 lakh rupees. Verna’s body advance is made from High Strength Steel (AHSS).
Hyundai Verna Colors
The 2017 Hyundai Verna gets seven paint schemes includes Fiery Red, Siena Brown, Polar White, Flame Orange, Star dust, Sleek Silver and Phantom Black.