Last Update: 20-12-2017
In 2007, the American mobile manufacturer, Apple launched its first smartphone that had been unveiled by firm’s founder, Steve Jobs; unfortunately he is no more, but his soul always with us by having his technology. Today his development has created a 10 roadmap of successful 10 years. Recently, the CEO of Apple, Tim Cook has launched the next flagship of iPhone, named iPhone X at a handsome price tag of $999 USD.
Company officials say that the iPhone X is the future of the smart-phone’s world. Touch ID (fingerprint sensor) has been removed from this phone of the apple, who had been part of the Home button till now. To protect the user’s data, the company has made Face ID feature part of the phone. Now users will be able to unlock the phone by looking at the front camera. Special hardware and algorithm have been claimed that Face ID is faster and safer than Touch ID.
On the rear side of the iPhone X, there are 12 megapixel rear cameras. A sensor is F / 1.8 aperture and the telephoto lens is F / 2.4 aperture. You will get a 7 megapixel selfie camera in the phone. The company has said that it is making Portrait Mode feature a part of this phone too. In India, the mobile is being sold with an effective price of Rs 89,000 for the 64GB variant while the 256GB version will cost Rs 102,000. If you are planing to buy this phone, so we think that once you should check-out the Apple iPhone X reivew at ReviewDekha before buy.
- Apple iPhone X comes with two storage variants – 64 GB and 256 GB
- The cost of low-storage variants is $ 999 in the US market
- The mobile is selling out at a handsome price tag of Rs 89,000 in the Indian market.
Read More: Apple iPhone 5S Review 2017
Design and Display
The iPhone X is preannounced iPhone 10 that is symbol of iPhone’s successfully ten years. Talking about the, it’s design, you can’t say it bezel less phone as it is featured with thin bezels on the sides. The mobile is featured with most durable glass ever both side front and back. The body is made by the surgical-grade stainless steel.
The most expensive phone ever from Apple does not seem its previous model. Overall, the design is so pretty that enhances your standard in the party and public places while you hold in the hands. It is the smaller model than the iPhone 7 Plus. The display gets all new technology and techniques. The phone is shaped with elegantly rounded corners and attractive curves of design. The Phone is loaded with 5.8 inches display that is sufficient for watching video and playing game. The all new display comes with 19.5:9 super retina screen fills the hand and dazzles the eyes. The iPhone X’s displayed is wider than others mobiles including Samsung 18.5:9, LG and Xiaomi 18.9.
iPhone X OLED screen
Issues in the screen: When iPhone X used by some Apple users then they have faced issues with the new screen. Hence Apple given some clarification that are further: “With extended long-term use, OLED displays can also show slight visual changes. This is also expected behavior and can include ‘image persistence’ or ‘burn-in’, where the display shows a faint remnant of an image even after a new image appears on the screen.”
The main difference between iPhone X and the earlier iPhones (even iPhone 8 and 8 Plus) is screen. Interestingly, the Apple is using OLED panels first time for ensuring that the display catches your eye balls. Do you know about OLED technology? No Okay fine, lest have a look on it. This technology is loaded with offer brightness levels, wide colour support, and colour accuracy. Overall, the specification of display, the mobile gets 5.8 inches, 1125×2436 pixels, 458ppi screen, Dolby Vision, HDR10, True Tone, and a one million-to-one contrast ratio. In terms of performance, the iPhone X display is as good as we’ve seen on any smart-phone.
Important News: Apple IPhone 8 To Launch In India On 29 September, Price Inside
Some noteworthy Display points are mentioned below:
- Super Retina HD display
- 8-inch (diagonal) all-screen OLED Multi-Touch display
- HDR display
- 2436×1125-pixel resolution at 458 ppi
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- True Tone display
- Wide colour display (P3)
- 3D Touch
- 625 cd/m² max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Measurements points are below:
- Height: 143.6 mm (5.65 inches)
- Width: 70.9 mm (2.79 inches)
- Depth: 7.7 mm (0.30 inches)
- Weight: 174 grams (6.14 ounces)
No More Home Button on Display
iPhone X comes without the home button on the display, so there is a huge space on the screen. Now iPhone user may get confused for unlocking the phone, launching Siri, toggling between apps and many more action. So we are guiding you to manage this phone.
- If you want to launch Siri to get Apple’s assistant, then Press and hold a side button.
- Don’t fear, you can manage your multitask by swiping them. You have to require swipe up from the bottom of the screen and then continue to hold while swiping left or right to switch apps.
- You just have to double tap on the side button to launch Face ID for Apply Pay.
iPhone X Performance
Apple iPhone X comes with A11 Bionic chip that makes this phone much smarter than its rival, Samsung Galaxy S8. iPhone X scores 4188 in single-core and 10069 in multi-core performance that make it able to compete its android mobiles. Apple’s A11 Bionic Fusion chip is “the most powerful and smartest chip ever in a smartphone”, said company. It can has six-core which includes two high-powered cores and four power-efficient ones.
- A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture
- Neural engine
- Embedded M11 motion coprocessor
Apple iPhone X Storage Capacity and Battery Life
Now come to iPhone X storage capacity, there is a bad new, this iPhone has not 32GB variant. The iPhone X will be available in two different variants including 64GB and 256GB. There is also a big loss; it does not support any kind of flash memory.
Talking about the Apple iPhone X’s battery life, it comes with 2700mAh battery. Its battery life is lift up to 2 hours longer than iPhone 7. Apple claims that the iPhone supports 21 hours of talk time, 12 hours of internet use, 13 hours of video playback, and 60 hours of audio playback, but we don’t know exactly how big its battery is. We only could say when we will use it.
Moreover, the phone gets charged up 30% in only 30 minutes as the phone supports fast charging. You can charge this iPhone via wireless charger that works with Qi charges. You can also charge a phone by USB to PC or power adapter.
Battery Life Points:
- Talk time (wireless)
- Up to 21 hours
- Internet use
- Up to 12 hours
- Video playback (wireless)
- Up to 13 hours
- Audio playback (wireless)
- Up to 60 hours
iPhone X Camera
Before launch of iPhone X, Apple was not able to compete to its rival Samsung and Google Pixel as iPhone series had no excellent camera. But the Apple iPhone X comes with dual 12 MP rear camera and 7 MP front camera that captures a perfect selfie. The American firm doesn’t look at benchmarks closely, features dynamic camera that captures stunning pictures that definitely look more like Apple’s competitors than before.
The iPhone X comers with new camera feature including Portrait Lighting mode Hybrid IR filter, Autofocus with Focus Pixels, Tap to focus with Focus Pixels, Live Photos with stabilisation, Body and face detection, Exposure control, Auto HDR for photos, Auto image stabilisation, Burst mode, Timer mode, Photo geotagging. Apparently, they’re not just filters, but rather depth-sensing cameras that create intuitive and detailed facial maps in order to create studio quality lighting effects in real time. That’s a big deal.
- 12-megapixel wide-angle and telephoto cameras
- 7-megapixel camera
- 1080p HD video recording
- Retina Flash
- ƒ/2.2 aperture
- Wide-angle: ƒ/1.8 aperture
- Telephoto: ƒ/2.4 aperture
- Optical zoom; digital zoom up to 10x
- Portrait mode
- Portrait Lighting (beta)
- Dual optical image stabilisation
- Six‑element lens
- Quad-LED True Tone flash with Slow Sync
- Panorama (up to 63MP)
- Sapphire crystal lens cover
- Backside illumination sensor
- Hybrid IR filter
- Autofocus with Focus Pixels
- Tap to focus with Focus Pixels
- Live Photos with stabilisation
- Wide colour capture for photos and Live Photos
- Improved local tone mapping
- Body and face detection
- Exposure control
- Noise reduction
- Auto HDR for photos
- Auto image stabilisation
- Burst mode
- Timer mode
- Photo geotagging
- Image formats captured: HEIF and JPEG
- 4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps or 60 fps
- 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
- 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Optical image stabilisation for video
- Optical zoom, 6x digital zoom
- Quad-LED True Tone flash
- Slow motion video support for 1080p at 120 fps or 240 fps
- Time-lapse video with stabilisation
- Cinematic video stabilisation (1080p and 720p)
- Continuous autofocus video
- Body and face detection
- Noise reduction
- Take 8-megapixel still photos while recording 4K video
- Playback zoom
- Video geotagging
- Video formats recorded: HEVC and H.264
iPhone X Face ID
Apple has created a lot of buzz in the industry by launching its all new flagships including iPhone X with Face ID. It is new concept itself in iPhone series. Face ID is an exceptionally security new level that uses front facing camera and detects your face while you unlock phone.
Apple’s new Animoji: TrueDepth camera of IPHone X uses Animoji to bring emoji to our life. TrueDepth Camera A11 allows the help of Bionic to capture and analyze different movements of facial muscle and animate in Animoji’s format. This means that it can create AniMoji according to your face expression by reading your face.
Hidden Face ID Features: According to Apple’s website, when you’re looking at the screen, Face ID will:
- Reveal notification and messages for your eyes only
- Keep the screen lit when you’re reading (don’t you hate when it dims before you’re ready?)
- Lower the volume of an alarm or ringer, because you can hear it, you’re right there
Processor and OS
The iPhone X is the best phone that is loaded with best operating system, iOS 11 that is the world’s most advanced mobile OS. This OS is like never before as it boosts your mobile experience more powerful and personal. New features and capabilities fundamentally improve your experience of smartphone.
While talking about the performance of iPhone X, the new phone gets A11 Bionic chip with 64 bit architecture, Embedded M11 motion that make this phone much faster than its previous models and its rivals.
Verdict: Why you opt it
After looking the iPhone X, There is no single compelling reason to upgrade from an iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. The 7 plus is still extremely fast, offers virtually the same design in a lighter package with a bigger battery. The iPhone X comes with iOS 11 and it is assumed that it is the best mobile operating system ever. If you really want Qi wireless charging, you can get a slim $15 case that supports it. And if you’re dying for Portrait Lighting, there are tons of photo apps in the App Store that offer similar effects. Of course, if you’re upgrading from anything older than an iPhone 7, the improvements in the camera and the overall speed of the phone are going to really impress you.
- Gorgeous 5.8-inch OLED screen
- Speedy Face ID
- Brilliant edge-to-edge design
- iOS 11
- Glass back is less durable
iPhone X unboxing & Review in Hindi